Sunday, September 23, 2007

Here comes "Anike"!

When I heard the name of this play that we are going to study next in our Drama class, I thought that ‘Anike’ is a Greek novel. I didn’t bother to find out about it in the net. I wanted it to be a surprise. True enough, I AM surprise when I found out that it’s actually written by a local writer, ‘Wong Phui Nam”. I’m impressed when Dr. Edwin told us that this play is actually the localized version of the Greek play ‘Antigone’ by Sophocles. Wow, I never think of it! The writer of this play is indeed a creative person. Salute to you Mr.Wong! I have read a few pages of the play and so far…I liked it. Haven’t had any problems yet in understanding the play, and hopefully it stays that way. I thought that the choice of the name for characters is unique and striking as well. It goes well the personality of the characters. Well, that’s all I can comment about the play so far as I have only read so little. To be continued…

No comments: